ABOUT THE EVENT
Legend World Investment in collaboration with the Dubai Blood Donation Center is hosting a blood drive due to the increase in demand for safe blood on Tuesday 20th December 2022 by 10:30am at Legend Auto Service Facility in Al-Quoz 2, Dubai. We kindly request you to volunteer and donate to help save lives.
For your safety, we are only allowing 4-5 people to donate blood at the same time. We request you register prior to the donation and select an available slot.
BENEFITS OF BLOOD DONATION:
- Blood donation is a humanitarian act that helps to save the lives of needy patients
- Regular blood donation would decrease the possibility of having heart diseases and strokes
- Blood donation activates the bone marrow to produce new blood cells
- It helps the body get rid of the excess iron level
CERTAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Blood donors should have valid emirates ID (MANDATORY). A person on a visit visa & transit visa to the UAE are not eligible to give blood. Kindly provide the mobile number in which we can contact the donor directly if needed.
- Blood donor should be in good general health condition at the time of blood donation
- Blood donors should be between the ages of 18 – 65
- Blood donors should have a bodyweight of at least 50 Kg and above (donors who are less than 21 years old must be 55 kg and above)
- All blood donors should have enough sleep on the previous day of donation
- All blood donors should have healthy food at least within 4 hours or less before they donate. Avoid fatty foods like egg, mutton, butter, cheese etc. at least 12 hrs before donation
- It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women to donate blood for the sake of her and her baby’s health
- Travel history – cannot donate for one month after arriving from a malaria-endemic country
- Those who have a history of malaria are not eligible to donate
Cannot donate for 6 months if:
- Received blood or other blood products
- Have had major surgery
Cannot donate if you have:
- A history of malaria
- A history of jaundice after your 11th birthday
- Had major health problems
- Diseases that can be transmitted through blood transfusion
- Please read the educational materials from the DHA app before you donate
Steps to take before donation:
- Download the DHA app through Apple or Android
- Fill-up the questionnaire from the DHA App (DHA APP home → Dammi – Blood Donation → Make a Blood Donation → Begin Questionnaire )
- Show your QR code to personnel on your scheduled appointment to proceed with the donation
You can also find the educational materials and DHQ from DHA APP here.
Thank you and we look forward to your contribution.